Why Vapers Are Turning Away From PG
Vapers have already turned their backs on the biggest deal-breaker of all. If you’re a smoker who switched to vaping, you’re one of the 40 million Americans who took mankind’s biggest killer and said: “Enough is enough.”
“I was holding this bottle of juice with PG. I looked at it and thought: After 22 years of smoking, what am I doing putting more synthetic chemicals into my body?”
– Casey, 43, who turned to KindJuice for the all-natural vape experience.
PG Is A Synthetically Produced Chemical. It’s Not Our Jam.
Synthetically produced chemicals are everywhere. They’re in our household detergents. They’re in our diet sodas. They’re also in propylene glycol, a.k.a. PG. Grab any bottle of e-liquid. You’ll likely see a PG/VG ratio on the side. That stands for the two main ingredients you’ll generally find in e-liquids: propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin.
What’s The Difference Between PG And VG?
Propylene Glycol is a colorless, flavorless alcohol that acts as the flavor carrier and source of “throat hits” in e-liquids. It’s been used for decades in shampoo, ice-cream, baby wipes, and theatrical fog machines. The one place you won’t find it? KindJuice.
Vegetable Glycerin is also colorless and odorless. It’s a sweet-tasting liquid that is thicker than PG. VG controls cloud production in vapor. Household items containing VG range from food flavorings, to aftershave and deodorant. The organic VG in KindJuice is 100% USP Medical Grade and extracted naturally.
Why Are Vapers Wanting To Cut Out PG?
- PG has raised safety concerns: The FDA classifies PG to be “Generally Recognized as Safe”. For some people, “generally” just doesn’t provide peace of mind. Take this study. It determined that airborne propylene glycol can induce or exacerbate asthma, eczema, and many allergic symptoms.
- Max VG creates denser clouds: Not everyone is a smoke-ring wielding trickster. Most vapers are just looking for a way out of the destructive cigarette spiral. That said, once you start vaping, you really begin to enjoy the sensation of blowing dense clouds. The higher the VG, the thicker the clouds. KindJuice is 100% VG.
Is PG Safe?
Scientific studies have traditionally measured PG responses in animals (which makes us a little sad- being cruelty-free is a huge part of KindJuice’s pledge to kindness). The overall opinion is that PG doesn’t pose a threat to animals when inhaled. Then again, it’s the small details that matter.
Rats have sensitive eyes and noses. In one study, PG caused bleeding in some rats. In another study, female rats exposed to PG were losing body mass. When dogs were exposed to PG, some manifested a decline in red blood cell functioning.
Humans? In a study of 27 volunteers, a small amount experienced irritation of the upper airways, some coughing, and some airway obstruction issues. In a study of 101 actors exposed to the PG in theatrical fog machines, those exposed to the highest concentration reported nose, throat, and breathing-related symptoms, plus some vocal chord inflammation.
“For us, unnecessary synthetic chemicals are just that- unnecessary.”
The All-Natural Vape Experience (And Why It’s Worth It)
Nothing beats nature. With zero PG, not a single drop of KindJuice is synthetically manufactured. We’re proud to be producing a 100% PG-free juice that delivers deep and delicious flavors and a smooth vapor delivery.
- Florida-grown, wild botanical extracts for our flavors
- 100% organic, pure ingredients that are hand-crafted with care
- Cold-process and extraction in all our Nectars, Sub-Element, and NET Tobacco flavors
- Always sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, GMO-free, soy-free, and cruelty-free
Natural is Kind. Stay Kind. Vape Kind Juice.
For a little more kindness in your life, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.